Tuesday, November 4, 2008

STEPH'S CLUMSY FEET!

This is what happens when Stephanie tries to walk on her own. I wish that I had a better story to tell, but unfortunately my clumsiness is all I have.

Yesterday while walking to my car after class I found myself lying face down in the middle of the U of U parking lot. One minute I was standing and the next minute I was doing a face-plant on the asphalt. No I was not stepping off a curb, I was on solid ground. And no I was night wearing heals, I had my tennis-shoes on. So to clear up any confusion, there was absolutely no reason for me to fall. But I did! And two hours later I had a baseball sized ankle to show for it.

I tore the ligaments in my right ankle, and now am being forced by my wonderful husband Dave to walk with crutches. Oh yeah...this has been a fun twenty-four hours.

Below are a couple of pics to show exactly what I am capable of with my own two feet.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh steph. that sounds exactly like something i would do, and have done...i just didn't tear every ligament in my ankle. you poor thing, be assured, i will do all your work for you at work. lol. including the early reports...

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

Steph! I can't believe how dang bad your foot looks! I love your story though. I have been telling my co-workers about it all day. I hope you feel better soon!

staceyk said...

Hey steph ! this is stacey and oh my heck iv done that! mabie not the falling face down part lol but I have torin my ligaments in my ankle!!! it killed I have no clue how your going to walk but best of luck! and I tore mine runing down some stairs I missed a few steps lol

Willardsen Family said...

I personally thought the giant lump on the side of your ankle was more impressive than the fully swollen and bruised foot. Gabby thought your story was so cool that she wrote about it in her journal at school the next day. Of course she couldn't remember what the injury actually was so it turned into you breaking the bottom bone in your ankle?!

I hope your feeling better now. Let me know if you need anything.

Jennifer said...

Well steph, that little accident doesn't surprise me one bit. I know your little secret of how you have been secretly practicing your free style walking skills when no one is looking. Sadly my friend, you just have to come to the realization that your 'heal slapping 180' will never be as sweet as mine.