Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tour of Utah '09

This post is a bit late, but I wanted to share some photos and video of a few of the stages of the Tour of Utah.
After work on Friday I headed over to the Miller Sports Park race track to see the time trial of Stage 3. When I arrived, most of the riders were still warming up. After wandering around I was lucky enough to snag a spot right at the finishing line.

The next day Steph and I ventured up to the top of American Fork canyon to see the riders cross over the summit, the first of three peaks.



The final day of the race was a race around the library block. The riders quickly picked up a pace which caused several riders to be dropped behind. Those who where dropped too far were flagged by officials and were pulled from the race.

The riders were flying past all of the fans probably around 30+ mph.



Here is a photo of Dave Zabriskie, local professional (in red) and US time trial champion, working with the breakaway which was eventually caught.



2 comments:

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

What the?! Yay! So happy for an update!

Jennifer said...

I'm sad we missed it. I just wanted to go to try and see Floyd...yeah I know, he's a doping cheater head but hey...I still love the guy. Totally Jealous.