Monday, November 1, 2010

HAPPY POTTER-WEEN

This year the Collard family busted out the big guns guns and decided to take our Halloween holiday seriously. Aside from my constant downer attitude and resistance to dress up, Dave was still able to get us fabulously 'Potter-ized'.

Here you have Severus Snape, Professor Mcgonagall, and of course the boy who lived...our own little Harry Potter.




Dave was so frightening that it took me all night to be able to look him in the face. What started out as a very ugly drag queen turned into the most convincing Half Blood Prince I've ever seen. Notice his ability to stay in character for every picture.






I was not such a convincing Mcgonagall, without my glasses and black hair, but everyone seemed to catch on when they saw Dave and Dexter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Dexter could also pass for Simon the Chipmunk with these glasses. Just remove the cape, add a long blue t-shirt and vwa-la (no pun intended) Next years costume!




Dave doing his magic thing...


5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my heck, dave looks seriously creepy! you guys did such a good job. i can't get over how cute dexter is. the perfect little potter.

Caleb and Marci said...

Dave is seriously creeping me out. I had to keep looking at it to decide if you had someone else stand in. Very creative, and of course Dexter just looks super cute.

Kim Beckstead Cooper said...

Dave does look creepy!! I'm going to have nightmares now. Dexter is so cute in those glasses! How did you get him to keep them on? Nice job!

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

Good grief!! Dave, you are scary! I guess that is the idea. You guys all look awesome. I want to kiss Dexter's face off, he is SO cute!

Jennifer said...

Little Dex totally looks like Simon the chipmunk. Makes me laugh everytime I see the picture..and you guys look freakin awesome! We are such Lame-o parents and didn't even dress up...well darrin wore a mask to scare the neighbor kids but thats as halloweenie as we got. We obviously need to take "Cool Parent" lessons from you guys.